The Penns Manor Area School District will welcome students for the first day of school for student on Wednesday, August 21, 2019. Faculty and staff will return on Monday, August 19, 2019.
The district welcomes new faculty for the 2019-2020 school year as follows: Grade 3, Ms. Lucas, Grade 5 Ms. Deptola, Grade 6 and 7 Learning Support Ms. Stupic and High School PE and Health, Mrs. Kuzemchak.
Facility changes taking place over the summer months includes:
1. The addition of a secure vestibule to the elementary school office. Visitors to the elementary school will gain access to the building by first pressing the buzzer on the outside of the building. A staff member will then permit access through the first set of main doors and the first door into the main office. Once in the secure vestibule, visitors will need to press their photo identification to the staff member to obtain a printed visitor badge. Once cleared a staff member will permit access to the building.
2. The district's track at the stadium has been resurfaced. Individuals using the track and turf field are reminded to not chew gum. Chewing gum harms both the track and field surfaces.
3. All high school restrooms have been renovated.
4. 95% of the high school windows have been replaced.
5. The entire high school now has new HVAC providing both heat and cooling. In addition, the district boilers have been replaced for better efficiency.
The Board of Directors and Administration welcome you the 2019-2020 school year.