CLEARANCES and MANDATED TRAINING for Employment and Volunteering
In accordance with the Pennsylvania School Law, the Penns Manor Area School District requires that all applicants for employment in public and private schools, employees of independent contractors seeking business with public and private schools, and student teacher candidates undergo background checks if they will have direct contact with students. In addition, employment history reviews must be completed for all applicants seeking employment. __________________________________________________________________ Please Read ALL Instructions Carefully
- Act 34 PA Criminal Record Check ($22.00 Fee Required)
- Act 151 PA Child Abuse History Clearance ($13.00 Fee Required)
- Act 114 Federal Criminal History Record - Fingerprinting ($23.85 Fee Required)
- Act 24 Arrest and Conviction Form (No Cost)
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Form (No Cost)
- Act 126 of 2012 - Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training
- Epi-Pen Certification and Demonstration
- All initial clearances for employment be dated within one year from the time of hire.
- Clearances are to be renewed every 60 months (5 years).
- If there is a break in employment lasting more than one year, new clearances MUST be submitted to the District Office again before rehiring.
- Clearances obtained for employment purposes are acceptable for volunteer purposes. However, clearances obtained for volunteer purposes are NOT acceptable for employment purposes.
- To make copies of your clearances. It is not the District's responsibility to make copies if your clearances are needed for other purposes in the future.
- Save all login information. (ID and passwords) The District is not able to retrieve this information if needed in the future.
ACT 34 - Instructions & Website Link
2. Agree to Terms
3. Individual Request
4. Reason for Request is Employment
5. Complete Application
6. Use a credit or debit card for $22.00 fee
7. You should receive an invoice showing details of your clearance request. PLEASE NOTE: This is just a confirmation/invoice. THIS IS NOT YOUR CLEARANCE
8. Click on CERTIFICATION FORM – this will bring up your results.
9. PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATION FORM and submit to the District Office. Failure to print this page could result in repeating the application process including payment.
Act 151 - Instructions & Website Link
In order to complete the online electronic application, you must first create a Keystone Key account and then submit an application.
2. Click "Create Individual Account."
3. Read and click "Next." Follow the instructions for creating a new account.
4. Copy the temporary password sent to your email.
5. Return to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home.
6. Click "Individual Login," then "Access My Clearances."
7. Log in with your temporary password and follow instructions to create a permanent password.
8. Log in again with your permanent password.
9. Read and accept the terms and conditions, then click "Next."
10. After reading the "Learn More" information, click "Continue."
11. Click "Create Clearance Application" and complete the form.
12. Submit the application.
You should receive an email in 1-2 weeks stating that your application has been processed and ready to view. Revisit the site, log in and print your clearance.
If you prefer to submit an application by mail, you can download the application (CY113) by clicking on the link below.
Follow the instructions on the form.
Act 114 - Instructions & Website Link
- Visit the IdentoGO Website https://uenroll.identogo.com/
- Enter Service Code 1KG6XN - School District Employees
- Complete the online registration form
- You will proceed with your results, payment and an acceptable photo ID to an Enrollment Agency to complete the fingerprinting process.
- Once fingerprinted at the enrollment agency, you will receive a receipt with an UEID number. Please submit a copy of this receipt to the District Office.
- Clearance results will be sent to the email address used in registration and via US Mail to the address used during the online registration.
Act 24 - Arrest or Conviction Form